LATEST DONATION APRIL 2017: £700 to BOOST THE BUDGET 

 

LATEST NEWS

BAD REDS achieved a fourth place finish in this years annual supporters groups 8-a-side football competition on the last home game of season, held at Glyndwr Uni before Saturdays home game v Dagenham and Redbridge, Kingsmills Reds winning the final on penalties v Wrexham Fans FC

 

MAY FORECAST WINNERS
Joint 1st with 51 points winning £40 each 
 Ross Walker c/o Tony Williams & Anthony O’Connor c/o Bryan Lewis
3rd with 49 points winning £20 Derek Griffin c/o John Connah

 

APRIL FORECAST WINNERS 
1st £50.00 59 points

Cliff Airbus c/o Bryan Lewis
2nd £30.00 58 points

Nigel c/o Bryan Lewis
3rd £20.00 55 points

Martin Williams c/o Bryan Lewis

 

NEXT EVENT:                         

A 20/20 CRICKET MATCH V MOLD REDS AT BUCKLEY C.C. JULY  30th, FOLLOWED BY A MINI RACE NIGHT. SPONSORS REQUIRED. HORSES £3 PER RACE. RAFFLE AND BUFFET. MONEY RAISED TO BE DONATED TO BUILD THE BUDGET. IF YOU WISH TO GET INVOLVED PLEASE EMAIL 

                          Meeting minutes

Minutes of Buckley & District Reds meeting held 27th March 2017
at Buckley Workingmen’s Club.

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / D.Kelsall / Allan Kelsall / Andy Kelsall / T.Kelsall / B.Lewis / I.Hewitt/ N.Lewis / C.Hayes / S.Edge / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / G.Reynolds / M.Collins.

Meeting convened 20.00

Spencer Harris and his son were our guests for the evening and an informative Q & A session was enjoyed by all.

1 )Bryn read the minutes of the last meeting and these were agreed as accurate (D.K. / N.L.)

2 )Dave read the treasurer’s report. We currently have £1988 in our account.

3 )The Forecast sheets for W/E 8/4/17 were handed out to members.

4 )A discussion on the ‘Build the Budget’ fund was held. It was decided to donate £500 + the proceeds from our next Forecast.

5 )Votes were taken for our ‘Player of the Season’. Tony to count these along with e-mailed votes and close the voting next weekend. The presentation dinner is to be held on 30th.April in the Centenary Club.Guest speaker is former player and Liverpool great,Alan Kennedy along with a comedian. Tickets are £35 each . Please contact any Committee member if requiring tickets.

6) We are to enter a team in the supporter’s 8 a side tournament prior to our last home match.(We are the holders).

7) Names were taken for seats on the Mold Reds bus to York for our Easter Monday match.

 

A raffle was drawn on the night and made £25.(Special thanks to Tony Whitfield / Bryan Lewis for prizes).

Meeting ended 22.00

Next meeting to be decided.

 

Minutes of February meeting of Buckley & District Reds
Meeting held 19
th Feb. 2017 at Workingmen’s Club

Present – T.Williams / B.Jones / D.Kelsall / A.Kelsall / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / E.Pugh / J.Connah / S.Edge / B.Lewis / L.Buxton / A.Thomas / B.Ellis / N.Lewis / I.Hewitt / G.Reynolds.

Meeting convened at 20.00

Our special guests for the evening were Mark Griffiths and Carl Hogan from our Media team. A totally enjoyable 90 minute presentation was delivered by the team and their participation was thanked accordingly.

1 )Bryn read last meeting’s minutes & these were agreed as accurate (S.E. / B.L.)

2) Dave read the Treasurer’s report. We currently have £2099 in our account.

3) Chris Hayes will,hopefully,have our website back up and running soon.

4 )A discussion was held as to whether to contribute to ‘Build the Budget’. It was decided not to, yet.

5 )25 names were taken for our 1864 pre match meal for the Gateshead match on March 11.

6 )Names were taken for the Mold Reds bus to York on 17th.April.

7) The next Forecast will be for matches played on the weekend 3/4th March. Sheets were handed out.

8) The Supporter’s 8 a side competition will be held on the morning of the last match of the season against Dagenham & Redbridge. This year it will be played on the plastic pitches adjacent to the Racecourse. We will be entering a team.

9) The Player of the Season dinner will be held in the Centenary Club this year, on the Sunday after our last match.

10) It was agreed to buy headsets( + associated equipment) for the media team at a cost of £200. The team will be broadcasting every match home and away next season, so no more relying on the vagaries of BBC Wales for our commentaries.

 

A raffle on the night raised £32, thanks to Tony Whitfield and Bryan Lewis for the prizes.

Meeting ended 22.15. Next meeting is to be held 26th. March, all welcome.

 

 

Minutes of AGM of Buckley & District Reds
Meeting held 8
th.January 2017 in Buckley Workingmen’s Club

Attending:- T.Williams / B.Jones / C.Hayes / L.Buxton / I.Hewitt / R.Applewhite / R.Ellis / P.Williams / Allan Kelsall / Andy Kelsall / D.Kelsall / T.Kelsall / L.Kelsall / M.Edge / S.Edge / B/Lewis / M.Blissett / P.Southern / L.Whitford / T.Whitfield / J.Connah / N.Lewis / B.Ellis / D.Jones / G.Reynolds.

Our guests for the evening Dean Keates & Andy Davies held a Q & A session for over an hour. This was enjoyed by all and they were assured of our continued support.

Bryn read the minutes of the previous meeting.These agreed as accurate (S.E. / B.L.).

Dave read the Treasurer’s report. We have £1750 in our account with renewal money to follow.

We are paying £24 a year for a website which is pretty much redundant. Chris Hayes has volunteered to put some work into it, to attempt to re establish it.

The Officers & Committee were re elected for a further year.

Various Fundraisers were discussed :-

Our next Forecast is for W/E 21st January. Sheets distributed.

It is hoped the Pontoon can be re introduced in the coming weeks.

A Cricket match to be held in the Summer against the Cricket Club with add on fundraising activities.

Attending a Race meeting in the Summer (Haydock maybe) with add ons.

Another 1864 pre match meal this season (probably Gateshead match 11/3/17)

A Raffle on the night raised £60. Special thanks to all who contributed prizes.
Special thanks also to Glenton Taylor,Ian Butler & Dave Peters for, not only rejoining ,but making an extra donation as well as their renewal fee.

 

Next meeting to be held Sunday 19th.February. All welcome.

 

 

Minutes of October meeting of Buckley & District Reds

Meeting held 23rd.October at Buckley Workingmen’s Club

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / A.Thomas / Allan Kelsall / D.Kelsall / B.Lewis / E.Pugh / T.Whitfield / B.Ellis / G.Reynolds / I.Hewitt / L.Whitford / P.Southern / M.Blissett / J.Connah / S.Edge / C.Hayes / N.Lewis / S.Warburton /

 

Jordan White and his girlfriend,Emma joined us for an hour’s Q & A. This was enjoyed by all.
Jordan said that he is working hard in training and hopeful of a reserve game next month. So fingers crossed.

Minutes of previous meeting read & agreed as accurate (B.L. / E.P.).

 

Dave read the Treasurer’s report – after our recent donations we have £775 in our account.

 

Bryn read out letters of thanks from Andy Davies / Don Bircham / Geraint / Geoff Scott for our recent donations to the C.of E. and ‘My Racecourse’ initiatives.

 

It was agreed to donate a further £100 towards the ‘picture framing’ of former players in the Hall of Fame.

 

We are to have a pre match meal in the 1864 suite on 26th November (Forest Green match).
We have booked 30 places initially. Names were taken on the night. Anyone wishing to come along ,please get in touch with any committee member.

 

The arrangements for the upcoming Race Night were discussed in length.
We have sold all horses and are hopeful that all races will be sponsored also.

 

A raffle on the night raised £36.

 

Next meeting will be our A.G.M. on January 8th.

 

The meeting adjourned at 22.00

 

Minutes of Buckley & District Reds meeting held 11th. September 2016
Meeting held at Buckley Workingmen’s Club

 

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / N.Lewis / I.Hewitt / B.Ellis / J.Connah / T.Whitfield / R.Jones / E.Pugh / D.Kelsall / A.Thomas / C.Hayes / B.Lewis.

Meeting convened 20.00

Minutes of previous meeting read & agreed as accurate (J.C. / I.H.)

Dave read the Treasurer’s report – we currently have £2033 in our account.

  1. The first Forecast for the season will be for matches held over the weekend of 24/9.Sheets distributed.

  2. It was agreed to sponsor the under 12s in this year’s C.of E. at a cost of £1,000 /
    also to donate £500 towards the ‘My Racecourse’ initiative / and also to sponsor 2 x squares on the Pitch Sponsorship @ £40 each.

  3. This year’s Race Night was discussed.
    To tie in with availability of the Cricket club & Sammy, this year’s Race night will be held on Friday 4th.November.

Race sheets were handed out but plenty are available (Sponsored sheets are £25 and horses are £5).
Can I appeal to all members to support this event either by sponsoring a race / selling a few horses to friends, family / or just buying a horse themselves.
This is our main source of income throughout the year and really does need to be supported.

  1. We are to try the 1864 suite for this year’s pre-match get together, probably on 3rd.December.Anyone interested please contact any committee member.

  2. We are,hopefully to enter a team in D.Davies’s Quiz at the Lager club in October.

A raffle on the night raised £25.Thanks to Tony / Eifion for the prizes.

 

Minutes of meeting 3/4/16

Attendees: Dave Kelsall, Bryn Jones, Bryan Lewis, Allan Kelsall, Bryn Ellis, John Connah, Adam Connah, Rob Ellis, Newton, Andy Kelsall, Eifion, Steve Warburton, Andy Thomas, Steve Edge, Ivor, Chris Hayes
Apologies: Tony & Sheila Whitfield, Tony Williams
Apology received by text at 7pm from Blaine Hudson
 
Meeting commenced 20.10
Minutes of last meeting read
Proposed - Bryan Lewis
Seconded - Steve Edge
 
Treasurers report : £1858.72 in account as at 3/4/16
 
Player of Season Event
35 seater minibus booked for Lion Quays £210.00
Numbers were being finalised
Some money has been paid in
Stragglers votes were being cast
 
Ice machine
Request from Dai Spendiff for ice machine for dressing room approx £280 + vat
Vote unanimous in favour of funding this 
 
Racecourse lease
Discussed historic vote on Tuesday and £200k deficit. Aiming to break even 2019. Club will be looking at fundraising ideas
 
Away matches
Tranmere match 
Mold Reds bus £10, picking up at the Tiv 12.40
Guiseley match
Discussed possible interest 
 
Raffle
1st Edgy
2 Bryn Ellis
3rd Rob Ellis
Prizes donated by Bryan Lewis, Eifion and Rob Ellis
 
No further meeting planned for this season (unless play off situation requires coaches organising)
Meeting closed 
 

February meeting of Buckley & District Reds
Meeting held 28
th February 2016 at Buckley Workingmen’s Club.

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / A.Kelsall / D.Kelsall / N.Lewis / G.Reynolds / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / E.Pugh / I.Hewitt / P.Southern / L.Whitford / S.Edge / A.Phillips / B.Ellis / C.Hayes / B.Lewis....apologies from J.Connah.

Meeting convened at 20.00

Special guests for the evening were Dai Spendiff (Physio) and Lee Fowler.
Dai brought along his latest piece of equipment – The ‘Game Ready’ kit.
All the supporter’s groups have contributed to the buying of this and Dai gave a brief insight into it’s uses. This was followed by a Q & A from both lads which was enjoyed by all.

1)Bryn read the minutes of the last meeting.(E.P. / B.L.)

2)Dave read the Treasurer’s report. We currently have £2550 in our account with £750 due out imminently for above contribution.

3)It was agreed, for our 10th anniversary as a supporter’s group, to go to the Player of the Season dinner on 24th.April. Transport to this function is to be paid by the group, in the hope that we can ensure a good turn out.

4)We are to participate in this year’s supporter’s 8 a side competition on the morning of our last home match against Braintree. John Connah’s name was put forward as the organiser for this.

 

A Raffle on the night raised £27, special thanks to Lynne,Pet,Sheila,and Bryan for contributing the prizes.

Minutes of Buckley & District Reds AGM
Meeting held Sunday 10
th January 2016 in Buckley Workingmen’s Club

 

Present – T.Williams / B.Jones / G.Reynolds / R.Ellis / D.Hughes / S.Warburton / M.Blissett / J.Connah / E.Pugh / T.Whitfield / N.lewis / P.Southern / L.Whitford / I.Hewitt / S.Edge / Allan Kelsall / D.Kelsall / B.Lewis / B.Thomas / C.Hayes.

Meeting commenced 20.00

The minutes of the last meeting were read and agreed as accurate (J.C./N.L.)

Dave gave the Treasurer’s report – We currently have £2,261 in our account with £750 allocated to Collier’s park as a donation towards equipment.

Bryn congratulated all our members on the occasion of our 10th Anniversary as a Fan’s Group. In that time we have raised in the region of £25,000 for our club in donations, sponsorships,etc.

A discussion was held as to how to celebrate this achievement, and this will be decided on at next month’s meeting.

Tony asked for clarification as to what is happening with the £750 that is currently allocated for Collier’s Park equipment. This has been ‘in limbo’ for a few months.(Bryn to contact Andy Davies / Physio )

New initiatives were also discussed with regard to increasing membership and fundraising.

With there being no new nominees, the existing Officers & committee were re-elected.

A raffle on the night raised £33 (thanks to T.Whitfield & Rigsby for donating Prizes).

The next meeting will be held on Sunday 28th February, 8.00pm at Lane End Club, all welcome.

Minutes of November meeting of ‘Buckley & District Reds’

Meeting held 15th.November 2015 in Buckley Workingmen’s Club

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / D.Kelsall / L.Kelsall / B.Lewis / P.southern / A.Thomas / G.reynolds / J.Connah / B.Ellis / S.Edge / E.Pugh / I.Hewitt / C.Hayes.

Meeting convened at 20.00

Minutes of September meeting were read and agreed as accurate(J.C. / C.H.)

Dave read the Treasurer’s report.We currently have £1844 in our account.

1)Our contribution towards the physio’s ‘Game Ready’ equipment is to be increased to £750. This because we have auctioned player’s boots and also added our last Forecast proceedings to the kitty. We are hoping to present this at our Bamford’s match on 28th.November v Macclesfield.

2)The ‘Flag Day’ details were read out. This also is for the Macclesfield match.(details in attachment).

3)We are to donate a Club Shop voucher for £25 towards the Christmas Raffle.

4)We are to look into the price / availability of buses for Christmas & New year fixtures at Halifax and Southport.

5)£27 was raised on the night in a raffle. Special thanks to Tony & Sheila and Bryan for the prizes.

 

Due to James Grey not being available due to a family illness, the meeting ended at 21.15

 

Next meeting will be the AGM in January,date to be sent out when agreed upon.

 

Minutes of ‘Buckley Reds’ meeting.
Meeting held 27
th.September 2015 at Lane End Workingmen’s Club.

Present:-T.Williams / B.Jones / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / D.Kelsall / A.Kelsall / C.Hayes / B.ellis / N.Lewis / J.Connah / G.Reynolds / S.Edge /M.Edge / I.Hewitt / L.Kelsall / R.Ellis.

Special Guest for the evening, and our sponsored player, Jamal Fyfield joined us for a Q & A session.
This was enjoyed by all and special thanks to Jamal for giving up his time.

Meeting convened at 21.15.

Minutes of previous meeting were read & agreed as accurate (B.L. / C.H.)

Dave read the treasurer’s report – we currently have £888 in our account.

1) The Race night arrangements were discussed in detail.

2) The Forecast sheets for W/E 8th – 10th October were handed out.

3) Bryn read the feedback from the latest WSF meeting attended by Don Bircham:-
a)£5,000 was raised by supporter’s groups for the pitch covers. These have now been ordered(cost approx. £11,000) with the makeup coming from our ‘Share’ fund + further fundraising.
b) Don is to, hopefully, source the flags of various supporter’s groups that used to brighten up the G.U.S. stand.
c) New Commercial manager was discussed.
d ) Uni’s stand on improving Collier’s Park pitches.

4) Lee Fowler has contacted us to help in sponsoring a piece of equipment for the Physios (Game Ready equipment !! ). Bryn has contacted other groups to keep them in the loop.
We agreed to contribute £500 as soon as our Race night proceeds are in.
Lee has promised something as a raffle prize (or Auction) for the Race night.

5) A raffle on the night raised £24, thanks to Tony & Sheila for the prizes.

Next meeting to be held on 1st.November at Lane End club, all welcome.

 

***Our Race Night horses have gone well but we do have 6 left. If anyone would like to buy one (with the chance of winning a bottle of spirits) please get in touch, only £5 with all proceeds going into the Club.

 

Minutes of August meeting of ‘Buckley & District Reds’
meeting held 28
th August,2015 at Buckley Workingmen’s Club

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / P.Southern / N.Lewis / M.Edge / S.Edge / P.Griffiths / Andy Kelsall / T.Kelsall / Allan Kelsall / L.Kelsall / C.Hayes / I.hewitt / J.Connah / B.Hewitt / J.Hewitt / B.Lewis / M.Collins / G.Reynolds / B.Thomas / S.Warburton / M.Blissett.

Our manager Gary Mills was in attendance and gave us an excellent Q & A session on our club (and a bit of reminiscing from the Cloughie days).

Meeting convened 21.15

Minutes of last meeting were read and agreed as accurate (B.L. / M.E.)

The treasurer’s report revealed that after our two recent sponsorships we have £804 in our account.

Jamal Fyfield is now shirt sponsored (£325) and has ‘twittered’ that he is available for a future meeting with the fans.

We have continued sponsoring the Centre of Excellence team for the coming year (£1200). This will now be the Under 11’s.

Our Race night this year will be held at Buckley Cricket club on Saturday October 17th.

Our Bamford’s meal this year has been booked for 28th. November for the Macclesfield match. Names are currently being taken.

A raffle on the night raised £50, thanks to Bryan,Bryn & Pet for the prizes.

Meeting ended 22.15

Next meeting will be held Sunday 27th.September,all welcome.

 

**For the Race Night, 5 of the 8 race sheets have been taken by members.
Can I appeal to all members to support this event, either by taking a sheet and selling the horses, or by sponsoring a race, or by just buying a horse or two.
This is our main fund raiser and helps us maintain our sponsorships.

Thanks again

Tony

Minutes of July 2015 meeting of Buckley & District Reds

Meeting held 19th.July in Buckley Workingmens Club

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / D.Kelsall / L.Kelsall / A.Kelsall / E.Pugh / S.Cooper / P.Griffiths / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / N.Lewis / J.Connah / S.Edge / G.Reynolds / B.Lewis / I.Hewitt / S.Warburton / M.Edge / C.Hayes / P.Southern / L.Whitford.

Meeting convened at 20.00

Special Guest Lee Fowler held a Q & A with the group. Lee gave his ‘take’ on pretty much everything going on at the Club and went down really well. Lee was thanked for taking part and wished well for the new season. ( A fundraising Golf match may be imminent).

Minutes of last meeting were read and agreed as accurate (S.E. / S.W.)

The treasurer’s report revealed we have £2,133 in our account at present.

  1. The first Forecast of the season will be for matches played W/E 22nd August.Sheets distributed.

  2. Bryn is hopeful of starting the Pontoon on the first Saturday of the season.

  3. It was decided, unless another source is found, to accept the high excess of £400 when hiring the Mini bus in future.
    Names were taken for upcoming away matches at Bromley, Kidderminster and Cheltenham.
    Anyone wanting more info on travel to these matches please contact any committee member.

  4. We are to continue sponsoring the team at Collier’s Park. They will be this year’s under 11 team.

  5. A vote was taken and it was decided to sponsor a player’s shirt this year. It was pointed out that we had left this a bit late. We will contact the new commercial manager to enquire as to who is left.
    Should shirts not be available we are to sponsor the 1st. Team at £10 for every goal scored.

  6. Our Race night is to be held at the Cricket club on October 17th. The club has been improved and is seen as the best venue.

  7. We are to book tables in Bamford’s for our Pre match meal on 28th November for the Macclesfield match. All welcome.

  8. A discussion was held on how to commemorate our 10th anniversary as a Supporter’s group.
    No decision has been made as yet.

  9. Tony read the main points from the latest WSF meeting

 

Next meeting is to be arranged as we are hoping to have the Management team in attendance. This will probably mean moving away from our Sunday slot. Members will be notified as soon as anything concrete is known.

 

A raffle on the night raised £40 – thanks to Phil Griffiths,Bri Lewis and Tony/Sheila for donating prizes.

 

Minutes of March meeting of ‘Buckley & District Reds’

Meeting held Sunday 1st.March in Buckley Workingmen’s Club.

Present:- T.Williams / B.Jones / D.Kelsall / A.Kelsall / P.Southern / T.Whitfield / B.Peters / N.Lewis / A.Thomas / G.Reynolds /E.Pugh / S.Edge / B.Hewitt / B.Lewis / I.Hewitt / S.Warburton / J.Carrier / L.Carrier / J.Connah / C.Hayes / M.Blissett / B.Ellis.

Meeting convened 20.00

1) Bryn read the minutes of our last meeting & these were agreed as accurate.

2 )Dave read the Treasurer’s report – we currently have £2237 in our account.

3) Forecast sheets were distributed for our next effort – these are for W/E 21/22 March.

4) A discussion was held as to whether we should donate to the ‘Headstone appeal’. This is for a former player who lies in an unmarked grave.
It was decided to monitor the response from other groups before making a decision.

5) Tony brought up Don Bircham’s appeal for help purchasing Frost covers.
It was decided to pledge £500 to this project.

6) It is almost 10 years since our group was formed & suggestions are welcome from all members as to how we should celebrate this.

7) Wembley arrangements were discussed at length. Tickets are to be block booked initially & Coach arrangements also to be made. Lists are being made – please contact any committee member to ‘get onboard’.

8) Our ‘Player of the Season’ vote is imminent. Votes taken on the night. Can anyone voting online, or by phone, make sure Tony or Bryn have your vote by Sunday 22nd.March

 

A raffle on the night raised £42. Thanks to John & Lorraine,Rigsby & Tony Whit for donating the prizes.


Meeting ended approx.22.00. Next meeting Sunday 22nd.March, all welcome.

 

Annual General Meeting of ‘Buckley & District Reds’

Meeting held 18th.January 2015 in Buckley Workingmen’s Club

Present:-
T.Williams / B.Jones / A.Kelsall / D.Kelsall / M.Blissett / S.Warburton / R.Ellis / A.Fox / B/Lewis / P.Southern / N.Lewis / L.Whitford / A.Thomas / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / G.Reynolds / S.Cooper / C.Hayes / S.Edge / A.Davies.

Our guests Don Bircham and Spencer Harris from the Club answered questions for over an hour on all topics club related. We thanked them for their attendance and started the meeting at 21.15.

Minutes of previous meeting were read & agreed as accurate (S.E. / B.L.)

1 )Dave read the Treasurer’s report.We have £2089 in our account currently.

2) Existing Officers & committee were re-elected

3) We are looking into sponsoring the Southport home match as this is the only remaining game left unsponsored this season.

4) The 8 a side tournament this year is to be on the morning of the Braintree match on 18th April. It is hoped we will enter a team again.

5 )The next Forecast is to be for matches played on W/E 7th / 8th of February.
A discussion was held as to whether to replace the Forecast with a Shropshire Reds style ‘Magic 7’, but the feeling was to continue with the Forecast.

6) Bryn read out news from the recent Federation meeting.

CLUB NEWS

*The AGM is to take place in ‘Catrin Finch Centre’ at Glyndwr on 29th Jan. Club members welcome.

*The Former Players are holding a ‘Valentines Evening’ in Bamfords on Friday 13th Feb. Buffet & vocal entertainment / disco. £17.50 a head.

 

A raffle on the night raised £30, special thanks to Andy,Rob, Rigsby and Sheila for the prizes.

Warby handed over £24 from a scratch card on the bus to Stoke.

 

Next meeting is Sunday, 1st.March,20.00 all welcome.

 

Minutes of Meeting of ‘Buckley & District Reds’
held at Lane End Workingmen’s Club,30
th November 2014.

 

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / D.Kelsall / A.Kelsall / A.Philips / B.Lewis / N.Lewis / B.Peters / I.Hewitt / C.Hayes / S.Edge / S.Warburton.
Apologies rec’d from J.Connah.

Meeting convened 20.00

Bryn read the minutes of the last meeting and these were agreed as accurate(B.L. / S.W.)

Dave read the Treasurer’s report – After our recent Race Night we have £1913 in our account.

1)Forecast sheets for our last of the year were handed out.These are for games played W/E 13th – 15th December.

2)Final names for our Xmas meal in Bamford’s were taken.We look to have at least 36 names,an excellent effort.
Bryn is to e-mail Steve Cook for details of sponsoring the Match ball for this match.If the price is right we will go for it.

3)Mold Reds have asked us to advertise their Xmas party (with Band & Buffet) at the Top club on 13th December. £5 a ticket with all fans welcome.

A raffle on the night raised £23. Thanks to Tony,Sheila & Brian for the prizes.

Meeting ended 21.30

 

Next meeting will be our AGM in January, date to be confirmed.

 

Minutes of Buckley & District Reds meeting

held 21st.September at Lane End Workingmen’s Club

Present:- T.Williams / B.Jones / P.Griffiths / O.Jones / J.Owen / R.Applewhite / R.Ellis / P.Williams / Andy Kelsall / Allan Kelsall / A.Fox / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / I.Hewitt / D.Kelsall / P.Southern / E.Pugh / A.Davies / J.Connah / B.Lewis / N.lewis / B.Peters / M.Blissett / A.Edwards / B.Ellis / M/Edge / S.Edge / B.Hewitt.

Meeting convened 20.00

Special guests for the evening were manager Kevin Wilkin and his assistant Gary Mills.
We enjoyed a full 90 minutes of Q & A with them and they stayed on to ‘enjoy’ the business part of the meeting.

  1. Minutes of the last meeting were read & accepted as accurate(B.L. / N.L.)

  2. Dave read the Treasurer’s report – Having recently paid our C.of E. Sponsorship we currently have £923 in our account.

  3. It is hoped that we will be running mini buses to Halifax and Kidderminster in the near future.

  4. We are to pay for 10 photographs of our emblem to be included in the 150th.Anniversary mosaic.

  5. A discussion was held as to whether we sponsor the match ball on 20th.December when we hold our Bamfords’ pre-match meal.To be decided.

  6. Tony appealed for a bit more support for our upcoming Race night and encouragingly a number of fans came forward with horse and race sponsorship.

  7. A raffle on the night raised £53.Thanks to fans who donated prizes.

Meeting ended 22.15

Next meeting will be held on Sunday 12th.October at Lane End Club when Pete Jones will be giving his ‘History of the Club’ presentation.All welcome.

 

Minutes of August 2014 meeting of Buckley & District Reds.
Meeting held August 3
rd. At Buckley Workingmen’s Club

 

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / D.Kelsall / A.Kelsall / S.Warburton / T.Whitfield / S.Whitfield / C.Hayes / N.Lewis / B.Peters / S.Edge / J.Connah / A.Thomas / P.southern / M.Blissett / B.Lewis / G.Reynolds.

Special Guests – Joey Jones & Andy Davies.

Meeting convened 20.00

  1. A Q & A session was held with Joey and Andy which was enjoyed by all. A cheque for £1320 was handed over as our sponsorship for the C. of E. Under 10’s and individual sponsorship of Owen Roberts for the coming season.

  2. Minutes of previous meeting read & agreed as accurate.(B.L. / S.E.)

  3. Dave gave the treasurer’s report. At the beginning of the meeting we had £2,036 in our account.

  4. The next Forecast sheets are for W/E 16th/18th August and are currently being sold by members.

  5. Bryn is to start the ‘Pontoon’ for this season on on the same weekend.

  6. A discussion was held as to where /when to hold this year’s Race Night. We are to try the Blue Anchor on a Saturday in October(

  7. We are hoping to run a mini bus for the Alfreton / F.G.R. / Halifax trips if there is enough demand.Tony to check out availability at Rhydymwyn.

  8. We are to,hopefully, attend ‘Bamford’s’ for a pre match meal twice this season.The first one to be our Xmas get together (20th.December).

  9. A raffle on the night made £34. Thanks again to members who donated prizes.

 

Meeting ended 22.00

 

Minutes of meeting of ‘Buckley & District Reds’

Meeting held Sunday 30th.March 2014 at Lane End Workingmen’s Club.

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / T.Whitfield / N.Lewis / B.Peters / S.Edge / M.Edge / B.Lewis / J.Connah / S.Warburton / A.Kelsall / D.Kelsall / C.Hayes / M.Blissett.

Meeting started at 20.00

Minutes of February’s meeting read & agreed as accurate (S.E. / J.C.)

  1. Dave presented the treasurer’s report – we currently have £1753 in our account.

  2. A discussion was held on the ‘Bubble’ match against Chester on the 19th April & names were being taken for the bus picking up at the Tivoli.

  3. Our Player of the Season votes resulted in a tie, so a show of hands determined this year’s winner.

  4. It was decided to sponsor an age group again at the C.of E. We will stick with the same group who will this year be – Under 10’s. We are also to sponsor Owen, goalkeeper of the under 14’s who is a Buckley Red.

  5. Tony is to refurbish the Target Board and loan to Shropshire Reds prior to the Buckley tournament on 14th.June.

  6. Plans are in place to run a Charity fundraiser ‘Band Night’ at Lane End.

  7. We are to enter a team in the Supporter’s 8 a side tournament prior to the last home game.

  8. The signed picture of the ‘Post Wembley celebrations’ is to be donated for the auction at the ‘Player of the Season’ meal on 27th April.

  9. The next Forecast will be for the W/end of 12/14th of April – sheets handed out.

A raffle on the night raised £21.

Next meeting will be held on 11th or 18th May (to be confirmed),all welcome.

 

Minutes of meeting of ‘Buckley & District Reds’

Meeting held Sunday 23rd.February at Lane End Workingmen’s Club

Present :- T.Williams / B.Jones / D.Kelsall / Allan Kelsall / Andy Kelsall / S.Edge / I.Hewitt / B.Lewis / T.Whitfield / N.Lewis / J.Connah / B.Ellis / G.Reynolds / C.Hayes / S.Warburton / J.Carrier / L.Carrier.
Apologies received from A.Thomas & P.Southern.

Meeting convened at 20.00

Minutes of last meeting read & agreed as accurate(N.L. / S.E.)

1 ) Dave read the treasurer’s report – we currently have £1508 in our account.

2) The next Forecast will cover matches played on W/E 9th March. Sheets handed out.

3 ) We are to enter two teams in the 150 years Anniversary Quiz at the Turf on 7th March.

4) The ‘Player of the Season’ Dinner will be held at Lion Quays again. This year’s guest speaker will be Former Premiership referee Jeff Winter. Date to be confirmed.

5) We have had suggestions of running a fundraiser along with ‘Capricorn Animal Rescue’. This to be in the form of a Band night, with, hopefully ‘Madd Bill’ + guests, on an upcoming Friday at Lane End club.

6) Tony asked for clarification on what to do with the signed, framed photo we successfully bid on at last year’s Dinner. The popular vote is to re-auction it to raise funds.

7) T.Whitfield and J.Connah attended the recent WSF meeting and reported back.

A Raffle on the night raised £28.

 

Meeting convened at 21.45

Next meeting 30th.March,all welcome.

 

P.S. Since our meeting, our two teams in the Turf Quiz managed to finish 2nd. & 3rd. In fact Dave’s team only missed out on winning by a play-off question.
Congratulations to all involved.

P.P.S. Please submit your votes for B.Reds player of the Season by replying to this mailing or by contacting any committee member.

Print Print | Sitemap
© BAD REDS